As a moisturiser for dry, rough, thickened, scaly skin conditions such as, Eczema, ichthyosis, Psoriasis, knees, elbows & dry nipples.
– Dry skin results from lack of water in the outer layer of skin cells known as the stratum corneum. When this layer becomes dehydrated it loses its flexibility and becomes cracked, scaly and sometimes itchy.
– The stratum corneum contains natural water-holding substances, including urea, which retain water seeping up from the deeper layers of the skin. Water is also normally retained in the stratum corneum by a surface film of natural oil (sebum) and broken-down skin cells, which slow down evaporation of water from the skin surface.
– Topicream contains two active ingredients, urea 5% and lactic acid.
– The urea penetrates the stratum corneum, where it readily absorbs and retains water.
– This increases the capacity of the skin to hold moisture and rehydrates the skin.